Your home-based business needs protection. What would happen if …
- A fire in your home destroys business supplies, inventory or equipment?
- A delivery person trips and falls on your driveway while calling on you for business purposes?
- Your lap top computer holding all of your business records is stolen from your car?
- Your product doesn’t perform as it should, resulting in injury to a consumer or damage to the consumer’s property?
Standard homeowner’s policies generally don’t apply to business-related losses. As a W.E. Davis Insurance Agency client, you may be able to control your risk and get needed protection by adding our Residential Business Program. It’s a convenient bundle of coverages you can add right onto your homeowner policy, allowing you to tailor affordable coverage for your home business.
“Home business coverage in not automatic includes businesses like Amway, Mary Kay,
coaches accepting fees, consultants, child care and many others.”
These and many other residential businesses may qualify: consultants, photographers, crafts makers, tax preparers, secretarial services, bookkeepers, tutors, home distributors, music teachers, hair stylists
Put our program to work for you. The W.E. Davis Residential Business Program can be written by many fine insurance carriers and provides important coverage like:
- Up to $50,000 (buy the limit you need) for your business property used at or away from your home and personal property of clients, associates or guests of your business while that property is at your house.
- Up to $1,000 of coverage for personal property of clients, guests or associates while that property is in your care, away from your home.
- Up to $5,000 of coverage to research, replace or restore lost or damaged business records.
- Up to $5,000 of coverage for business interruption caused by a covered loss and for the extra expense necessary to resume your business operations.
- Coverage for your legal liability, up to your policy limits, for bodily injury, personal injury or property damage in connection with the business whether at or away from your home, including injury caused by your products.
- Many home based businesses are larger and more complicated for a Residential Business endorsement added to your home. In these case, we can offer Commercial Insurance protection and can tailor your coverage to meet your specific needs in a comprehensive, yet affordable way.
Could you need more protection?
These days, every homeowner faces the possibility of huge losses-well above the limits of a homeowner policy-due to your legal liability for personal injury and property damage to others. A commercial Umbrella Policy can provide coverage for these exposures in million dollar increments.
Many home based businesses are larger and more complicated for a Residential Business endorsement added to your home. In these cases, we can offer Commercial Insurance protection and can tailor your coverage to meet your specific needs in a comprehensive, yet affordable way.