Precision Coverage for Restaurants
This coverage is designed just for restaurant owners. At no extra cost, it includes many important features that more general coverage overlooks. This policy not only covers traditional restaurants, but bakeries, donut shops and other food service businesses.
“You’ll want seconds of our restaurant program with its expanded coverage and competitive price.”
- Food Contamination Shutdown Coverage up to $50,000.
- Our coverage includes up to $5,000 additional for clean up and related costs.
- We provide $5,000 (or more) spoilage coverage to protect your inventory. This applies to other than equipment breakdown losses.
- Incidental Medical Malpractice
- Protects for liability arising out of immediate first aid measures taken if a patron becomes incapacitated.
- Liquor Liability Coverage
- Off Premises Power Failure with just a 24 hour deductible
- This is written on a non-auditable basis. That means we won’t check your receipts after the policy period in order to collect an additional premium.
Equipment Breakdown Coverage
Equipment Breakdown Coverage protects the heart of your business – Your equipment, machinery and systems. While most insurers charge extra for this important coverage, we include it automatically.
Our Equipment Breakdown Coverage pays for damage to property and loss of business income caused by power Surges, mechanical breakdown, electrical short circuits, steam explosions and other equipment failures. If you are a tenant, this includes failures of your landlord’s equipment that cause you a loss. And we include $50,000 coverage for spoilage of perishable goods caused by an equipment breakdown loss.
Equipment Breakdown Coverage applies to a very broad range of equipment including:
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Heating and Hot Water Boilers
- Air Tanks and Pressure Vessels
- Production and Mechanical Equipment
- Telecommunication Systems
Our Business Owners Property Coverage includes :
- Automatic increase in building limit of insurance: 4% or higher per year
- Preservation of Property (Removal): 60 days Personal Property of Others is covered as part of Your Business
- Personal Property without regard to the policyholder’s legal liability.
- Your Business Personal Property is covered at newly acquired locations for up to $250,000 for up to 90 days. Seasonal increases in Your Business Personal Property are covered for an additional amount up to 25% of the limit for Your Business Personal Property.
- Fire Department Service Charge: $10,000
- Employees’ Tools: $2,500 per occurrence provided or up to $50,000 maximum; no limit “per employee”
- Off Premises Power Failure (utility service): $25,000
- Fine Arts: $5,000 or up to $25,000 maximum
- Computer Equipment: $5,000
- Interior Glass: $5,000
- Loss of Business Income and Extra Expense: Actual loss sustained, twelve months from date of loss, no coinsurance or participation, no dollar limitation. Coverage is extended for up to 30 days to include loss of business income from dependent properties. Ordinary payroll is covered up to 60 days.
- Fire Extinguisher Recharge Expense (including automatic extinguishing systems): $2,500
- Reward: up to $5,000 for each covered arson or theft loss
- Credit Card Slips: $5,000
- Accounts Receivable: $15,000
- Valuable Papers: $15,000
- Money Order and Counterfeit Paper Currency: $5,000
- Property Off Premises: $10,000 including while at Fairs or Exhibitions
- Outdoor Antennas including satellite dishes: $2,500 each
- Loss Adjustment Expense: $1,000
- Lock Replacement: $500 to replace or rekey locks if building keys are stolen
- Back up of sewers or drains: $10,000
- Building Ordinance or Law: $50,000
- Outdoor Signs: $10,000 per sign
- Money and Securities: $5,000 on premises/$2,000 off premises. Higher limits are available:
The following options help you customize your insurance program to what is best for your restaurant :
- Actual Cash Value – Building
- Interior Glass
- Employee Dishonesty, including Forgery and Alteration. Available limits from $5,000 to $200,000.
- ERISA. Limits are available up to $250,000.
Business Liability and Medical Expenses Coverage
- Provided on an occurrence basis for your business operations.
- Blanket Additional Insureds (Owners, Contractors or Lessors): Entities with whom the policyholder has written agreement for rental or lease of premises or for whom the policyholder will perform work are included as insureds for liability coverage.
- Premises/Operations Liability
- Products and Completed Operations Liability
- Employees as Additional Insureds
- Spouses of Individuals or Partners as Insureds Personal Injury Liability, including coverage for loss due to abuse of process.
- Advertising Injury Liability, including coverage for televised or videotaped material.
- Limited Pollution Liability Coverage
- Non-Owned Watercraft Liability (up to 51 feet)
- Limited Worldwide Products Coverage
- Tenants Fire Liability, with an option to broaden to Tenants Liability
- Extended Bodily Injury Liability
- Mental Anguish is covered as part of bodily injury Medical Expenses Coverage
- Supplemental Payments, including an increase to $1,000 for the cost of Bail Bonds
Email our agency if you would like more information about our restaurant program. We would be happy to work with you.