Stay Ahead of the Heat with Boiler & Machinery Insurance
The Limited form of Boiler and Machinery coverage is designed to cover the catastrophic loss such as explosion. The Broad form covers not only explosion but also sudden and accidental breakdown. Most boiler coverage is written on a repair or replacement basis.
Customize Your Boiler & Machinery Insurance Program with Our Many Options
Most property insurance policies do not cover your losses resulting from breakdown of expensive machinery or from explosion of high pressure (exceeding 15 p.s.i.) steam boilers, pipes, turbines and engines. Damage to building, personal property and the equipment itself should all be covered under a boiler policy. The boiler policy also protects you against other losses not covered by basic property insurance, such as electrical surges or arcs.
Who Needs Boiler and Machinery Insurance?
- Churches, apartments, schools, hospitals, municipalities, florists, dry cleaners, manufacturers and auto repair shops, to name a few. Almost all older downtown buildings are heated by some type of boiler. A boiler is a fired vessel in which water is heated or converted into steam by combustion of fuel in its furnace. In addition to boilers and other fired vessels, you may have other expensive equipment that should be protected by a Boiler and Machinery Policy.
- Unfired vessels: Air, steam or water tanks; refrigeration systems; chests or rolls on steam pressers, steam cooking kettles and rendering tanks; chemical process tanks; steam forms; digesters.
- Machines: Engines; compressors; pumps; wheels; gears; centrifugal dryers; production machines.
- Electrical apparatus: Generators; motors; transformers; switchboards and controls.
- Refrigerating units and small (15 HP limit) compressing units.
- Deep-well pump units.
- Air conditioning units of all sizes.
You can insure all of the above equipment by selecting comprehensive coverage. Deductibles are available to help you control premium costs by eliminating claims for small items and maintenance problems.
Our Recreational Vehicle Insurance Coverage Options
Reach out to our team at W.E. Davis to learn more about Boiler & Machinery Insurance.
Family Owned and Operated Since 1938.
A Family team that will make a difference in how you see insurance. Let our years of experience, knowledge and hard work ethic play in the role of choosing the right protection for your home, auto, business,